Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Guest Blog: Accepted Student Overnight


One of our student ambassadors wrote about Accepted Student Overnight--I hope you enjoy!


"I am so excited for this weekend!  There are so many things happening on campus, including our new president's official inauguration.  In the Admissions world, it's time for our Accepted Student Overnight event!  This is such a fun event--I went two years ago when I was an accepted student.  I remember meeting so many new people and starting a lot of new friendships over the two days.  I found some of the pictures from when I was an accepted student two years ago--I hope you enjoy!

"Right after we all arrived on campus on Sunday, we got onto buses and went down to the Inner Harbor for a scavenger hunt and dinner.  It was really cool to explore the harbor with other accepted students, some who were familiar with the landmarks and others who had never seen them before!  We ended up at the Rusty Scupper where we had a buffet dinner.  After all of the walking, talking, and picture taking, I thought the food was amazing!

"After dinner we got back on the buses and headed to campus.  We watched a movie, played lots of board games, sang karaoke (my favorite part), and got to hang out with some of the current students.  We even had a second dinner of pizza....yum.

"Then it was time for the ghost tour.  There are so many current students involved in this and yes, it can actually be scary!  It was so different to walk around campus in the dark.  We toured quite a few of the buildings and even got to walk up to the iconic NDM tower!

"After all of that I met my host for the night.  I was tired, but we didn't end up going to sleep for awhile--we were too busy talking about everything and how much she loved the school.

"The next morning I was able to sit in on a class.  I also got to meet with some of the nursing faculty--they were really informative.

"After lunch it was time to head home.  Even though I was tired, I didn't want to leave campus!  I had so much fun and made so many new friends that it was bittersweet.  But I was also even more excited for the school year to end and to finally enter college in the fall!

"I can't wait for all of the accepted students to come to campus this weekend.  It'll be a lot of fun yet still informative.  I and all of the other current students can't wait to meet you!"

-Anna





No comments:

Post a Comment